Sightseeing by Warby Parker
"We believe that shopping for glasses and sunglasses should leave you happy and good-looking, with money in your pocket." ~ Warby Parker
This is an affiliate post I wrote for a product I use and value. This just means if you click through any of the links below and make a purchase, I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Promise.
Good things await you
Here's a quick glance of why I'm a new fan of Warby Parker prescription eyeglasses:
- Quick & easy online quiz to help you get started
- Loads of cool, vintage-inspired choices in various colors, shapes, and materials
- Made from top, light-weight materials that keep their gorgeous color
- All frames designed in house in NYC
- FREE home try-on program with fast free shipping both ways
- Built to last, impact resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Superhydrophobic, anti-reflective coating included (bye-bye smudges!)
- Scratch resistant treatment included
- 100% UV protection included for healthy eyeballs
- Very affordable options starting at $95 for single prescription eyeglasses
- Progressive lenses add-on option (+$200)
- Light responsive add-on option - lenses that change from clear to dark grey in the sun (+$100)
- Quick production & free delivery
- Falls within my vision plan's out-of-plan network benefit
- Works with FSAs & HSAs
- For every pair purchased, a pair is given to someone in need
Keep reading to learn about Warby Parker's home try-on program and easy online ordering process...
Home try-on program
Want to try on frames at home before you buy?
First, go to Warby Parker and take the quiz here.
You will be asked to:
- Choose Men’s or Women’s
- Pick your fit based on your head shape: narrow, medium, or wide
- Pick as many of your favorite shapes of frames that you like (round, rectangular, square, or cat-eye)
- Pick your favorite colors (bright, neutral, black, tortoise, crystal, or two-tone)
- Pick your materials (acetate, metal, or mixed )
- Look at Warby Parker's top picks for your home try-on and pick five favorites to add to your free trial box.
Warby Parker will send your trial pairs to you for free! It’s a completely risk-free trial—there is no obligation to buy! And don’t worry about your prescription; they’ll send you frames with demo lenses.
Then, just wait up to 5 business days to receive your free home try-on trial box.
Once you receive the trial box, spend 5 days trying them on, feeling them out, and taking votes from friends and family. This is the fun part!
Finally, when your time is up, mail the frames back inside the original box using the pre-paid return label. I just kept mine for 3 days before shipping them back - so easy!
Find a winner? Buy anytime!
Above were the five frames I chose for my free home try-on. I was going more for browns or a two tone look. Warby Parker offers all kinds of colors and styles. I was going a bit more neutral for my first pair, but I'd love to try colorful, funky ones next!
Check out ALL of their styles and colors here.
I ended up going with Wilkie in Eastern Bluebird Fade; it's what my family thought suited me best.
Total cost before my vision plan reimbursement: $295. It looks like my plan will reimburse about 50% of the cost. Check your plan, because everyone's plan is different.
By the way, Warby Parker sunglasses offer the same scratch resistance and UV protection as their eyeglasses, and all of their prescription sunglasses are polarized to reduce glare.
Warby Parker makes online ordering the easiest!
Ordering online takes mere minutes. After you've chosen your frames, you'll upload a photo of your prescription, with your PD* measurement included.
Once you submit your order, Warby Parker will get to work crafting your brand-new pair.
Free shipping, free returns. They offer a 30-day, no-questions-asked return or exchange policy—as in they'll happily set you up with a full refund or exchange within 30 days of receipt. Wow.
Speedy craftmanship and delivery when it comes to these custom eyeglasses. Mine took about two weeks to arrive in the mail from the day I ordered them.
*PD is the distance between your pupils, and it's used to help center a prescription correctly in your frames. Don't have it? Don't worry! Warby Parker offers an easy online PD tool to take the measurement.
If your vision plan has an out-of-plan network benefit, like most do, you can apply for partial to full reimbursement.
It literally took me five minutes to fill out and submit my vision plan reimbursement form online. Boom.
Also, if you have a flexible spending account (FSA) or a health spending account (HSA), you can just use that card associated with your account to pay for your Warby Parker prescription eyewear.
Buy a pair, give a pair
Warby Parker believes everyone has a right to see. So, for every pair purchased, a pair is given to someone in need.
According to Warby Parker, 2.5 billion people around the world need glasses but don’t have access to them. Of these, 624 million cannot learn or work to the best of their ability due to their visual impairment.
Warby Parker partners with non-profits like VisionSpring to make this happen. To date, Warby Parker has given over 3 million pairs! Learn more here.
Tell your friends and family
I'm obviously telling the world about Warby Parker because I'm ecstatic with my new eyeglasses.
I've already been ogling a second pair. You know, to change things up a bit. Add a little flare to my wardrobe.
With rad frames like Finch, Moriarty, and Percey, and colors like Juniper Green, Scarlet Tortoise, and Tennessee Whiskey, it's fun to dream.
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is an American brand of prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses founded in 2010. Warby Parker sells online and has a limited number of showrooms in the United States and Canada.
Have you ever tried ordering prescription eyeglasses or sunglasses online? What was your experience like? Try Warby Parker today and let me know what you think by commenting below. Thanks! I appreciate your feedback.
Please feel free to pass this article on to friends and family. Thank you!